Monday, June 20, 2011

The Pieces I Kill

Tenderly I step, quietly easing my way,
the pain pricks my feet, sharp and sweet,
as pain brings memories of that day,
I knew there was a price and time was fleet.

For all I had done and was to do,
for all I was and would become,
Ihad to chose between me and you,
We could never be, an impossible sum.

I took up a knife and struck so quick,
the blood sprayed high, slick and red,
the part of me that was you made me sick,
I thought I would be better with you dead.

Not thinking, just doing, I hacked,
cutting you off and out of my life,
feeling like odds were no longer stacked,
I sat there calm, done with strife.

I thought i was done, never again to deal,
but fate had something else in mind,
your shade in my heart wouldn't let me heal,
it sat there watching, wholly unkind.

Tormenting me unending, everyday,
Memories of a time when you were pure,
gnawing at my mind, making it pay,
I corrupted you, of that I'm now sure.

I walk lightly across this bed of nails,
toward where your last remnants lay,
to reach the memory of you else all fails,
to rid myself of you, no mater what I pay.

No comments:

Post a Comment