Thursday, June 9, 2011

Trappings of My Own Device

Silently a tear falls up my cheek,
quietly I cry, for I cannot speak.

My hands bound, mouth sewn shut,
senses muted by I know not what.

Sight is darkened, hearing dulled,
melancholy creeps, to sleep I'm lulled.

Dark aether surrounds, holding in place,
tightening gently, I float in space.

Memory stirs, I try to embrace,
I have forgotten, my purpose, my place.

My mind struggles, facing ahead,
escape is a must, before I am dead.

I struggle now, fighting to be free,
straining against the bonds, covering me.

I resist, pulling, sinew popping,
hands now free, there is no stopping.

I twist, I turn, slipping, grasping,
till hands find hold, breath now gasping.

I try to scream, pull against stitching,
ragged lips now free, blood dripping.

I cry in anger, frustration and fear,
how could I forget, purpose now clear.

I grip at darkness, the end is near,
I rip, I shred, the blackness I shear.

Soon rewarded with a shimmer of white,
I pull myself out, and into the light.

No comments:

Post a Comment